Application procedure for the 2020-2021 academic year
Before you register, please read carefully the general information on admission to the International University Campus in Paris.
Application for a stay during the academic year (1 September 2020 to 30 June 2021)
1) Fill out an application on the International University Campus website: www.ciup.fr (if you have not already done so). Once completed online, print and sign your application.
2) Print and sign the International University Campus admission regulations.
3) Please send these documents to the e-mail address given below, with all the required supporting documents (in a single PDF file), by Tuesday, 2 June 2020, 5pm. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- a letter written in French describing your study or research plans in France and your reasons for wanting to stay at the International University Campus
- a copy of your Swiss passport or Swiss identity card (or any other official document that proves you are a Swiss national) or a copy of your C permit
- the internship agreement (if you are doing an internship)
- a certificate of enrolment at a higher education institution in Paris or Ile-de-France or a letter from a professor (if you are a PhD student or a Post-Doc)
- a copy of all your university degrees
- a copy of your latest university transcript
- proof of scholarship or grant (if applicable)
- your full CV in French
- Any other documents you feel are relevant to your application
IMPORTANT: Please clearly indicate an email address where we can reach you in July.
Contact to send your application and ask any additional questions
Mrs Catherine Vésy
Secrétariat de la Commission de sélection de la Fondation suisse
Ph. +41 (0)31 335 07 67
The selection committee meets at the end of June 2020. A reply will be sent to all applicants in the first half of July 2020.
If the selection committee accepts your application, you must complete two further steps to finalise your admission:
- Confirm your wish to reside at the International University Campus in Paris by email reply on or before Monday, 20 July 2020: email@example.com. As soon as we receive your confirmation, we’ll send you an email detailing the terms of residence and any formalities you need to complete.
- Pay the required deposit to secure your room (€550 for students/PhD candidates, €600 for visiting scholars/Post-Docs), which corresponds to one month’s residence fees at the appropriate rate (€500 for students/PhD candidates, €550 for visiting scholars/Post-Docs), plus a non-refundable admission fee of €50.
The wire transfer/cheque/credit card payment (or a copy of the payment receipt) must be received by Friday, 24 July 2020 at the latest. Please note: your registration will only be final once this deposit has been received. Bank charges are at your expense.
- Tell us your approximate arrival date.
The day you arrive at the CIUP, you must provide the following documents:
- a certificate of registration or letter of acceptance from a higher education institution in Paris or Ile de France
- a certificate of social security coverage
- a certificate of civil liability insurance for housing and damage to third parties
- proof of financial aid, or of income if you are interning, or a letter of financial guarantee from your parents
When you arrive at the CIUP, before you are given the keys to your room, you will also need to pay a security deposit at the applicable rate.